Jefferson Park is a neighborhood in the South region of the City of Los Angeles, California.
Landmarks and Attractions
- Auguste R. Marquis Residence. This 1904 Queen Anne-style house — the city’s 602nd historic cultural monument – was also used to depict the Fisher & Sons Funeral Home in the HBO series Six Feet Under. It is located at 2501 Arlington Avenue.
- Trinity Baptist Church. Originally located at 36th and Normandie, it moved to its present location at 2040 W. Jefferson Boulevard in 1948. The master plan for the church was designed by noted African-American architect Paul Williams. It was one of the first non-white land owners in the area in the 1940s. It was Trinity, along with its membership, that went to court to tear down white-only covenants in the area.
- The First African Methodist Episcopal Church. Considered the spiritual heart of South Los Angeles and the usual venue for funerals of prominent black Angelenos, it is located at 2270 S. Harvard Blvd. It was designed by noted African-American architect Paul Williams and completed in 1968.
West Adams is a historic neighborhood in the South Los Angeles region of Los Angeles, California. The area is known for its large number of historic buildings, structures and notable houses and mansions throughout Los Angeles. It is a youthful, densely populated area with a high percentage of African American and Latino residents. The neighborhood has several public and private schools.
West Adams is home to one of the largest collections of historic houses and small mansions west of the Mississippi River. The West Adams neighborhood was developed between 1880 and 1925 and contains many diverse architectural styles of the era, including the Queen Anne, Shingle, Gothic Revival, Transitional Arts and Crafts, American Craftsman/Ultimate Bungalow, Craftsman Bungalow, Colonial Revival, Renaissance Revival, Mediterranean Revival, Spanish Colonial Revival, Mission Revival, Egyptian Revival, Beaux-Arts and Neoclassical styles. West Adams boasts the only existing Greene and Greene house left in the entire city of Los Angeles.
Recreation and Parks
- Westside Neighborhood Park, 3085 Clyde Avenue
- Vineyard Recreation Center, 2942 Vineyard Avenue
Jefferson Park & West Adams Homes for Sale
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.